Wednesday 1 January 2014

It's here - time to be thrifty

Well the New Year has arrived.

A nice fairly quiet evening was had here with a few games on the wii and me being thrashed at ten pin bowling by my mum! A few games of dominoes for those not playing and then a bit of Gary Barlow for us oldies - relative oldies!! A few drinks and a bit of a buffet.

Youngest brought me a cuppa and yoghurt in bed this morning-then he went to bed. Think Minecraft got a hammering in the night.

Anice doggy walk for me and mum.It was still and quite bright then but it's getting duller now and the wind is getting up again.Hopefully not to the power cut levels this time but we've plenty of wood ready.

Back to make bacon,egg,fried potatoes lovely after a late night.I'm making shepherds pie and sweet potato chips for us all tonight followed by 'offee' pie which is like banoffee  but without the banana.I've got raspberries to put on the side this time but it varies.It also means you don't get soggy fruit on top/in it if there happens to be any left over. I've got gluten free digestives as well so it means I can partake of this one :)

January is always a fairly thrifty month for a lot of people so here goes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment