Friday 31 January 2014

Frugal Update

It's been ages since I wrote but I'm quietly reading blogs and taking it all in.

Hubby was back for a week and it always gets a bit chaotic,trying to do 101 things in a few days.But...we now have a container to store all the tools etc that have come out of a very,very,large shed.So I may eventually get my porch back and we can stop using the kitchen door.

I'm trying to take on board a few Frugalling tips : menu planning-giving it another try-can see the sense in it but it never seems to quite work so I'm going to stick at it this time.
I've read my meter and I think my next bill may be quite scary-these wet,windy days are rubbish for solar gain and solar panels.
Sold a few things on our local selling page and am planning a saltire rag rug for youngest sons bedroom-but that may take some time.Have a few crafting swaps on the go so that's keeping me busy as well.

Went into town this morning to pick up a few supplies as the weather report isn't too good for the next few days and it was really busy - think everyone else had the same idea.It was a quick in and out howeverand it started snowing/sleeting on the way home but it's back to rain again now.

I'm supposed to be peeling potatoes etc tomorrow for the Burns Supper in the Village but last heard the village had no water and there's supposed to be snow in the night so....watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment