Saturday 11 January 2014

IBS is a pain ...FODMAP anyone?

My IBS which I seemed to have got a handle on has been at it again this week.

I have gone GF which seemed to really,really help and I'm quite good about forward planning.I knew we would be eating out Monday,when we were travelling,so I did my research and found a GF dish.However as I was eating I realised it had quite a lot of onions-I'll be fine I thought-MISTAKE. I managed but I've not been right since and I seem to be hypersensitive again. Fed up last night I found the FODMAP diet which seems to make a lot of sense-how some days some food is ok and others not.This is something it's really hard to get your head around. I downloaded a book onto my Kindle and have started to read. I really wanted fruit and veg lists as it's hard trying to eat healthily when I don't know which are 'safe' to eat.

Anyway,here goes with it.I'm not going the whole hog with the elimination,at the moment ,as I'm halfway there myself, but I'm hoping by using it i'll be able to get some fruit and veg down without.... I bought some lactose free milk to try when my milk runs out but my consumption is fairly low anyway so not expecting a difference there. Will also give the yoghurt a break in the morning at the same time just to see.

I had 2 celery sticks at lunch and I'm making ham soup for tea with carrots,celery and potatoes.Should be fine....I think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment