Wednesday 2 January 2013

Trying to be frugal

Most people are getting back to 'normal' but, this being Scotland things haven't got going again after New Year or Hogmany.In fact,my local butchers isn't open again until Friday!

I'm going to try and be a bit more frugal this year and stick to a budget I've booked a short holiday for us in the summer holidays,at a destination to keep all happy,and we have a family wedding across the Irish Sea in July so it would be nice to have a bit of money saved for these instead of putting everything on Mr Plastic.

I've been following some frugal blogs but I don't reckon I'll be as disciplined or organised as some.However I do plan to make more myself and I've got a mini sewing machine to get the hang of.There's a whole under the stairs to sort out and stuff to donate/sell.If I get any money from anything that will go into the 'trips fund'.

Other half will be back tomorrow until school returns so we may get in some different walks with dog.That's if it ever stops raining....

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your budget.We are in South West Scotland, and everything is still at a go slow here too after New Year. I'm hoping the agri stores are finally open again today as I need chicken feed :)

    ReplyDelete