Sunday 20 January 2013

No snow here

It's been a while but I'm back.We've had no snow here-well a couple of flakes a couple of days but that's about it.I'm sure this is because this year I have long life milk and plenty of plans of what to do when snowed in.
Last year due to high winds we were without power for 60 hours-and no phone either.When you see it on the news 60 hours doesn't seem to be a long time but it is.The phone came back on and we kept being told we would be reconnected shortly-but we weren't!I bought a lantern this year as reading by headtorch is certainly a skill...The worst thing about no power here is no water as it's pumped into the house so every time the weather is bad I fill the kettle ,pans and my 5l container just to be sure.
The deer were very near the house yesterday,always a sign it's very cold and unless I make a move towards them they just carry on grazing.They make me want to be vegetarian again :)..perhaps I'll give it some thought-gluten free and vegetarian now that might be challenging!

No comments:

Post a Comment