Friday 4 January 2013

Fuel in the country

I was going to post yesterday about petrol prices but the day seemed to go quickly and I just ran out of time.

Today I needed to go into town for my weekly shop,drop off the recycling ,call at the bank etc.We only get paper and cardboard collected by the council here,It's a 20 mile round trip and only has a co-op even then.It's a 70 mile round trip to a more major supermarket so Itry and combine that with other things and usually take my mum as well.The co-op looks good on paper but this one is a bit of a nightmare for a weekly shop-you have to be very flexible with your list and it's quite expensive.

I'm trying to cut down on my car use but if I need anything I have to drive.The village shop is a 7 mile round trip but it's a single track road which is quite a 'hairy' experience to cycle.

I've tried Approved Foods etc but delivery companies regard us as Highlands although we aren't really and so delivery costs are astronomical-this is why we all use Amazon and Tesco Direct!!

Anyway petrol last week was 8p a litre cheaper in Glasgow than here and we are only 90 miles away-how does that work??

No comments:

Post a Comment