Tuesday 8 January 2013

back to normal

Life is slowly returnung back to normal after the holidays.Everyone is in the right place and for the next couple of weeks it's just me and the dog again.

I've managed to stick to the meal plan,so far which is a miracle in itself but otherwise if I don't I end up with too much of some stuff and running out of other things.

Just before Christmas I bought a mini sewing machine on a deall at Tesco Direct and actually managed to get it working-at first try!!I'm going to try and make some scenty things for the boys trainers-anything will help the smell.....

I'm up and down the hill with wheely bins at the moment.Paper Tues,Rubbish Wed.That's all they collect here unfortunately we have to take the rest into town or the village(glass only).As a result I don't wash out dog food tins because even after washing they stink-now if I had a bin or container outside......

It's very quiet here now but I managed a nice walk this afternoon to the sight of an old Dun.The Forestry were working below so it looks like they are set to take some more trees out.That'll be that walk off the list then.

1 comment:

  1. No doorstep recycling here.We have a dumpster at the end of the lane (1.5 miles away) which is shared by a farm and three cottages.I try and reduce whatever waste we produce as much as possible with only the bare minimum going to the bin.There are a few glass,clothes,cardboard banks in town (5 miles away)but that is all.It's really frustrating when you know you could recycle much more.

    ReplyDelete