Thursday 28 November 2013

It's..........OFF

Before we all get too excited I've still got the crutches but only for a week to 10 days so we're moving forward.I did suggest to the Doc I may make the round trip to Edinburgh (300 miles 6/7 hours) on the 10th to pick up my son but that wasn't seen as an entirely good idea unless ABSOLUTELY necessary which I hope it's not going to be.

I always find time spent in the hospital really tiring-don't know why-nervous energy?

The mobile cinema is visiting again soon and I just managed to book the last few tickets to see  Sunshine on Leith on the 11th.It's a really nice evening out and is very luxurious -it's like Dr Who's Tardis once you get inside.

I've also decided this year to order my Turkey for Xmas Day and a duck for Xmas Eve from the local butcher-it may be dearer but it's far less stressful ,especially if the weather takes a turn for the worse.We've had a few Christmas' lately where it's been a bit 'on the edge' . He also sometimes has Gluten Free sausages :)

I'm going to get my emergency power kit box together next week when I'm a bit more mobile-it's all here somewhere just needs collecting in a box . Power cuts happen here in Winter(not as often as the used to) so we need to be prepared.I also need to stock up with tinned soup,longlife milk etc when I get somewhere bigger than the Co-op to shop!

2 comments:

  1. Getting the cast off must feel so good, won't be too long before you can get out walking.
    I'd hate to work in a hospital I always find spending time there really draining, maybe it is the heat or sometimes the recirculated air but it does sap all your energy in a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feels good trying hard to not go mad :)

    ReplyDelete