Tuesday 26 November 2013

It's been one of those 'not getting anywhere ' type of days today.

I'm busy making from the craft fair and only have one more facecloth to handstitch 'Merry Xmas' onto but the light was getting quite bad so I left it until the morning. They are going to go in glass Kilner Jars with some Christmas soaps and I've made handstitched gift tags to attatch.

Then there are the rag wreaths-I have swapped quite a few of these for Xmas presents from other crafters.In fact I've got nearly all my presents from swaps ,apart from the techno geeks-my hubby and sons!
Bean has got a new suit for Xmas do's and Mini Bean wants a lightweight one man tent and foldy up gas thing.Hubby has been told he can get a roller thing for using his bike on indoors in the Winter-it's his Birthday present as well!

I'm trying to lose a few pounds and eat a bit healthier - this enforced period inside has got me a bit run down-and yesterday I did it-no crisps/biscuits etc-2 days this week next week 3 days working towards the treats only at weekends.

I've noticed in blogs I read a few people a bit down at the moment . The lack of daylight certainly doesn't help me so on Sunday,when I've time, I'm getting a jar,a slip of paper for every day of the month and writing something nice to do,for myself on it,Every day I'll pick out a piece of paper and take 10 mins-1/2 hour doing something daft or for myself-won't be anything too physical for a bit though!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you started writing again. I enjoyed reading your blog at the beginning of the year :)
    I like the jar idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There does seem to be a bit of doom and gloom about at the moment - I'd noticed the same. a combination of lack of daylight and cold damp weather I reckon - maybe christmas will cheer people up? (Or give them something else to complain about!)

    ReplyDelete