Sunday 1 December 2013

Isn't it early for Christmas trees....

I know I did a craft fair yesterday but I'm really surprised by how early people put up Xmas Trees.

We always get a fresh one from the Hill about the week before Xmas-I leave it until then to decorate although I have a few things about before.

I really enjoyed the fair and coffee/soup . Our village always really supports these events and this one was to raise funds for the over 60s Xmas party on the 10th.Some of us make and donate deserts and salads and the money is used for joints of meat  and drinks. There is usually some entertainment - the primary children sing carols at the beginning.I'm doing 2 trifles this year so I'll make a couple of swiss rolls through the week and stick them in the freezer.I usually drive mum & dad and stay and help for the evening but I'll have to see how my ankles doing.At the moment I couldn't do a whole evening stood up..we'll see.

I'm gradually taking the stuff back upstairs that has found it's way downstairs over the past 6 weeks.It's a difficult balance doing more whilst not overdoing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment